File contains a manuscript marriage license dated 24 August 1797 of Mungo Ponton and Grace Nisbet, issued in Edinburgh Scotland in 1798. Also present is a manuscript dinner invitation issued to Captain and Mrs. Ponton by Dr. and Mrs. Burrows, 21 February 1860.
File contains a typescript transcript of a presidential address by William Nisbet Ponton, President of the Ontario Associated Board of Trades, 24 February 1914, concerning economic indicators, development and investment in Ontario.
File contains several newspaper articles concerning cattle breeding and health in the Quinte region. Also contains information regarding the finances and selection of officers of the Quinte District Cattle Breeding Association, 1960-1962.
File contains a newspaper article recounting the inaugural trip of the Grand Trunk Railway from Montreal to Toronto 16 October 1856. Also present is a photocopied newsclipping announcing the reopening of the British American Hotel on Front Street in Belleville, in March, 1861.
File contains printed copy of "House of Commons Debates" fourth session - tenth Parliament, speech of Mr. W.B. Northrup, M.P. on G.T.R. -- Belleville & North Hastings Railway; Ottawa, Monday, February 10, 1908.
File contains a a letter, dated 10-January-1964, from Sanborn Worthen, Archivist and Custodian, Canadian Railroad Historical Association, Quebec and addressed to Mr. Gerald Boyce, Hastings County Museum.
File contains a copy of the newspaper article detailing the wedding of Iola Vera Riggs to Ronald Struan Lewis on 18-Jun-1913 in Belleville, Ontario. The files also contains a copy of a newspaper article about Leona Kathleen Riggs (niece of Iola Riggs) and her aspirations as a singer.
File contains a typescript last will and testament of Alexander Robertson, dated 12 August 1884. Also present are : a typescript memorandum of accounts claimed on the estate of Alexander Robertson, 28 February 1888; a manual statement of value of rental properties in 1881 and correspondence concerning valuation and taxation on properties connected with the Robertson Estate in 1900.