Hastings, County of

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Hastings, County of

BT Ontario

Equivalent terms

Hastings, County of

Associated terms

Hastings, County of

582 Archival description results for Hastings, County of

117 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Ellis Burrell's Stone Packing House

Research notes on the history of the stone building commonly known as 'Meyer's Mill' in Belleville, Ontario, originally part of Ellis Burrell's axe factory.

Photograph of drawing of St. Peter's Presbyterian Church, Madoc

  • CA ON00156 2020-010
  • Item
  • c.1870

Photograph of a drawing of St. Peter's Presbyterian Church in Madoc, Ontario. A note on the back of the image states that the church burned down in 1873 and the house on the left was the residence of Rev. David Wishart, later owned by George Gillespie.

Photographs of Colp Block, Deseronto, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 DA 2014.20
  • File
  • c.1980

Photographs of the former Colp Block on the southwest corner of St. George and Edmon Streets in Deseronto, Ontario. The building was torn down in the early 1980s.

Murray Canal

A photocopy of a poster created in 1886 proclaiming "Murray Canal Demonstration! The preliminary opening of the Murray Canal will be celebrated on Wednesday, Oct. 6th, '86 at Twelve O'Clock Point, near Trenton, by a grand Demonstration, at which Sir John A. MacDonald and Hon. Messrs. White, Foster & Bowell will be present."

Tweed Hydro-Electric Commission, History of

Five newspaper articles clipped from The Tweed News period from Jan 14, 1970 to Feb 11, 1970. Editorial history of Tweed Hydro-Electric Commission written by Cartha Cassidy, Commissioner. "Record of some of the significant happenings relating to the early history of electricity in Tweed and the march of Hydro in the community from 1930 until 1967 - Canada's Centennial Year."

Cartha Cassidy

Watercolours of homes on West Hill, Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2020-004
  • Item
  • 2002

Page with four watercolour paintings of homes, entitled "Grey Ladies - West Hill I Belleville". The four homes are 23 Charlotte Street, 8 Holloway Street, 114 Bridge Street West, 14-20 Murney Street, Belleville, Ontario.

Rector, Anne Elspeth

Prints of Jerry Stapley drawings

  • CA ON00156 2020-006
  • File
  • 1973-1976

Three prints of pen-and-ink drawings of:
1) Roman Catholic Church, Ormsby, 1973
2) Unidentified brick church, 1973
3) Corby Public Library, Belleville, 1976

Stapley, Jerry

Historic Queensborough

  • CA ON00156 2013-66
  • Item
  • c.2012

Booklet with photographs and explanations of historic buildings in Queenborough, Ontario, with photographs by Dave deLang and text by Elaine Kapusta and Katherine Sedgwick.

Lazier-Thomas Deed

The file contains a deed, dated 31-October-1918, for the property on the south side of Lot 26, west side of William Street, Belleville, ON. Owned by Mrs. Mary Matilda Lazier nee McMullen to Mrs. Jane Thomas.

Belleville Houses by Mrs. G.D. (Lenny Clarke) Williamson

The file contains research done by Mrs. G.D. (Lenny Clarke) Williamson on 6 houses in Foster Ward and 1 on Dundas Street East, Belleville. Notes included are:

  1. Clapboard house on the north east corner of Church and Saint Paul Streets.
  2. The Petrie House
  3. The Wallbridge House
  4. The MacKenzie Feeds Building
  5. The Lynch Coal House
  6. The Brick Store
  7. No. 260 Dundas Street East “The George Bleecker House”
    Also, contained in the file are newspaper clippings from the Ontario Intelligencer:
  8. April 16, 1964 – The George Bleeker House Dundas Street East, opposite Hospital (with photo).
  9. June 18, 1964 – Moodie Cottae Located on Sinclair Street at Bridge Street (with photo).
  10. July 2, 1964 – Welbanks House Located on James Street (with photo).
  11. The Hutton – Ponton House Located on Dundas Steet West (with photo).

Hotel Quinte

File contains 'Souvenir Hotel Quinte' from 1895 and several pages from the June 1960 “Canadian Architects” magazine on a renovation of the hotel, donated by Tom Ransom.

Henry A. Engelhardt (1830-1897) Landscape Designer

File contains a brief biography of H.A. Engelhardt (1830-1897): Landscape Designer written by Pleasance Crawford of Toronto. Henry A. Englehardt designer of Belleville Cemetery. The file also contains a copy of a newspaper article from the Daily Intelligencer dated January 20, 1874 regarding an annual meeting of the Belleville Cemetery Company.

Results 1 to 20 of 582