File 3748 - Griffin Opera House

Open original Digital object

Identity area

Reference code

CA ON00156 TR/3748

Title

Griffin Opera House

Date(s)

  • 1916 (Creation)

Level of description

File

Extent and medium

1 file

Context area

Name of creator

(1884-1933)

Administrative history

The opera house at the southwest corner of Church and Bridge Street East opened in 1884 and operated under various names (the Belleville Opera House, Queen's Opera House, Carman Opera House, and finally the Griffin Opera House or Griffin Theatre). It was demolished in 1933.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Donated by Bettina Byers in July 1984.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

File contains original playbill; George Kleine Presents Antony and Cleopatra, Griffin Opera House, Belleville. The Griffin Opera House was demolished in 1933. http://vitacollections.ca/BellevilleHistory/2454173/data

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places