- 1977-2010 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Town of Belleville, Ontario was incorporated effective January 1, 1850 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849. The town became a City in 1878. In 1998 it amalgamated with the surrounding Township of Thurlow.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Transferred from Belleville City Hall in January 2021.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Framed items removed from Belleville City Hall Council Chambers during renovations in January 2021.
- Framed reproduction of a photograph of members of the last council of the Town of Belleville, 1877
- Letter from the First Clerk Assistant of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario certifying that a photocopy of the Act for the Incorporation of the Town of Belleville as a City was a true copy of the act of 2 March 1877, 24 June 1977
- Framed reproduction of the City of Belleville armorial bearings, 8 January 1982
- Frame containing four photographs of the former City of Belleville Council Chambers, 1987
- Framed photograph of Queen Elizabeth II donated by Lyle Vanclief MP, c.1990
- Framed photograph of Prince Philip donated by Lyle Vanclief MP, c.1990
- Framed photograph of Governor General Ramon John Hnatyshyn donated by Lyle Vanclief MP, c.1990
- Framed registration of armorial bearings in the Public Register of Arms, Flags and Badges of Canada, 1 May 1992
- Framed photograph donated by the City of Lahr, August 2009
- Framed photograph of Queen Elizabeth II, 2010