Deseronto

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Deseronto

Deseronto

Equivalent terms

Deseronto

Associated terms

Deseronto

13 Archival description results for Deseronto

13 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Digital photographs of architectural drawings of proposed home in Deseronto

  • CA ON00156 DA 2015.12
  • Collection
  • 1892

Digital images taken on April 9th, 2015, of the Langley and Burke architectural plans of a proposed house on Stanley Avenue, Deseronto, Ontario, for Edward Wilkes Rathbun, made May 20th, 1892. The original plans are held at the Archives of Ontario.

Langley & Burke

Photographs of Colp Block, Deseronto, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 DA 2014.20
  • File
  • c.1980

Photographs of the former Colp Block on the southwest corner of St. George and Edmon Streets in Deseronto, Ontario. The building was torn down in the early 1980s.

The Gladys Rollins Collection

This file contains: 1) A photocopied typed article titled "Telegraph Island Light", about the lighthouse erected 1870 in the Bay of Quinte; 2) A timetable for the steamer Varuna, circa 1920, Captain A. Hicks; 3) A photocopy of the obituary for Rev. James Rollins born 28-Oct-1865 in Madoc and died 7-Feb-1943 in Kingston.

Plan of Lot 38 in the village of Millpoint (Deseronto)

A certified reproduction of the Plan of Village lots as laid out on the east half of Lot 38 in the Broken Front of the 1st Concessionof the Township of Tyendinaga for Archibald Culbertson. Surveyed by Publius V. Elmore, P.L.S. and signed May 7, 1857.

This copy was made in 1972 of plan 84, as registered in the Hastings Land Registry Office.

Donated by Walter I. Watson, O.L.S.

Elmore, Publius Virgillius, D.P.S.

Plan of town of Deseronto

A certified reproduction of the "Plan of town of Deseronto, compiled fromRegistered Plans & Actual Surveys by M. J. Butler, O. L. S." Surveyed by Evans and Evans, Civil Engineers and O.L.S. Plan signed September 24, 1921.

This copy was made in 1972 of plan #517, as registered in the Hastings Land Registry Office.

Donated by Walter I. Watson, O.L.S.

Evans and Co., Engineers and Surveyors

Grand Trunk Station Deseronto Plans

A photocopy of a blueprint planning the Grand Trunk Railway station at Deseronto, Hastings County, Ontario. Plan features floors, elevation and blocks. Drawn by Joseph Hobson, Chief Engineer in Montreal - October 8, 1897.

David Pershick informs us that this building was later moved by rail to Marysville in 1905.

Donated by Bruce Polmanter.

Deseronto Town Hall photograph collection

  • CA ON00156 DA 2015.13
  • Collection
  • 1970s-2011

Photographs of Deseronto, Ontario dating from the 1970s to 2011, depicting a variety of Town events. They include a set of aerial photographs of the town from the 1980s; the interior of the former Home Hardware store in the Baker Block on Main Street; the O’Connor House on Main Street before its demolition; the 1989 100th Anniversary celebrations, photographs of Centennial Park and Rathbun Memorial Park; the opening of the Deseronto Public Library in its 358 Main Street location in 2001; the Ontario Provincial Police handover ceremony in 2001; an Easter Parade from the early 2000s; a Santa Parade; the 2002 New Year’s Levee; and the 2010 Olympic Flame run in Deseronto.

Most of the photographs appear to have been taken by Town staff. One envelope was donated to the Town by Irene Usher and contains photographs taken by her late husband, Tom.

Deseronto Archives photographic collection

  • Collection
  • 1860-

The photographs are arranged by subject matter and cover activities in and around the town of Deseronto, Ontario. The majority date from the late nineteenth century and many depict the lumber-related industries of the Rathbun Company in Deseronto. There are also photographs of school groups, churches, railways, First World War airfields and portraits of Deseronto citizens.

Map of Deseronto city lots and ownership

A map of lots and their owners in the town of Deseronto in Hastings County, Ontario. Black lines show claims to holdings in 1890 and red lines show lots as staked. Scale 1:12,000. Dated 1890.

Goad fire insurance maps

  • Collection
  • 1878-1957

Chas. E. Goad Company

Forester's Island 1904

The file contains a photocopy of an article taken from The Mohawk Drummer, Spring 2004 issue, titled Forester's Island in 1904 about the dedication ceremony held August 27, 1904 for the Forester's Orphanage on the Island the work of Dr. Oronhyatekha.