- Business and commerce, 13 results
- Industries, 7 results
- Community life, 6 results
- Family and personal life, 4 results
- Education, 3 results
- Buildings and structures, 2 results
- Children and youth, 2 results
- Transportation and utilities, 2 results
- Environment, 1 results
- Events and celebrations, 1 results
29 Archival description results for Corbyville
29 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA ON00156 2019-077
- c. 1986
Framed aerial view of the Corby's Distilleries complex at Corbyville, Ontario.
- CA ON00156 2019-065
1) 'General Record of Registered Letters' mailed at, received for delivery, or forwarded through the Corbyville Post Office from 1 January to 27 September 1916. Records origin of letter, date received, address of letter, number of letter, name of office to which forwarded and date of delivery or dispatch.
2) Post Office record of money orders issued, December 1919 to March 1920
3) Samples of various Post Office receipts, acknowledgements and order forms, 1920
- CA ON00156 2017-03
Two files retrieved by Gerry Boyce from Thurlow Township materials destined for shredding in 2005:
- File on Ault Foods' acquisition of Black Diamond Cheese, including a photograph of the factory and Labatt's annual report for 1991
- 31 page proposal to restore 2.5 miles of railway line between College Street West in Belleville and the Corby Distillery in Corbyville, 1994
Township of Thurlow
- CA ON00156 M/M430-3061
- c. 1950
Part of Map collection
A map of Thurlow Township featuring the addition of handwritten annotations. Concessions, railways, proprietors, businesses and locations are featured. The map extends from the Bay of Quinte in the southwest to Roslin the northeast. Circa 1950 (Bakelite plant opened c. 1948 and the Foxboro Cheese Factory closed in 1961).
Specific annotations are as follows: Halloway Grist Mill, Latta Bridge, Plainfield Grist, Saw Mill, O'Brien's Bridge, Grist Mill, Canning Factory Foxboro, Footbridge, Cheese Factory, Fairfields Bridge, Dam Corbyville, Distillery, Cannifton Dam, Grist & Saw Mill, Quarry & Substation, Round House, Brickyard, Graham's Dried Foods, Bell Telephone Lines, Hydro Power Lines, and Cement Works.
- CA ON00156 M/M420-1103
Part of Map collection
"Cummins Rural Directory Map:" A map of South and Central Hastings, in 1923, featuring post offices, hamlets and lot owners. Map is surrounded by advertisements. Published by Cummins Map Co., Toronto. Dimensions 71cm x 50.5cm.
Cummins Map Company
- CA ON00156 2019-030
Four printed honour rolls listing World War Two veterans from the following institutions and companies:
1) Belleville Collegiate and Vocational School: c.1,100 names
2) Canadian Industrial Alcohol Company [Corby's Distillery, Corbyville]: 23 names and 19 photographs
3) College Street School [Trenton]: c.340 names
4) Corbin Lock Company [Belleville]: 71 names
- CA ON00156 2019-007
- 1901, c.2000
Marriage certificate of Richard White and Alma Beer, married in Corbyville, Ontario on 25 December 1901 (fragile). With family tree showing the ancestors of William Ross White (grandson of Richard White and Alma Beer).
- CA ON00156 2013-23
- 1977, 2009
DVD of promotional film made by Westminster Films for Corby Distilleries in 1977. CD purchased from ArchiveCDBooks with PDF file of the 1940 Vernon's Directory of Belleville, Ontario.
Westminster Films Ltd.
- CA ON00156 TR/3845
The file contains an original copy of the handbook "Regulations and Programme for Religious Education in the Public Schools, 1949" from the Cannifton-Corbyville Public School, Thurlow Township School Area.
- CA ON00156 TR/3801
The file contains correspondence from Dr. Barnardo's Homes, Migration Department, London, England; dated 15-May-1956, they are certifying that Sarah Ann Bowers (married name Lyon) was a former ward of Marchment Homes, born 3-May-1894 in Manchester, Lancashire, England, father Thomas Bowers and mother Sarah Ann Bowers.
- CA ON00156 2015-06
Booklet produced at the time of the closure of the Corbyville plant of Corby's Distilleries, containing a history of the Corbys and photographs of employees and site buildings and vehicles.
- CA ON00156 2014-47
File of materials used in a display about rum-runners in the Quinte area, including reproductions of photographs and newspaper clippings on Ben Kerr and the Corby distillery.
Hunt, C. W. (Claude William)
- CA ON00156 2014-58
Promotional materials relating to Corby's Distillery in Corbyville, Ontario, collected by William Dack:
1) "A Proud Canadian" sticker
2) Postcard of a boy fishing in the Moira river next to the distillery buildings at Corbyville
3) Card advertising tours of the J.P. Wiser Distillery at Corbyville
4) Six notecards with pen and ink drawings of buildings at the distillery site in Corbyville by Poul Thrane
- CA ON00156 TR/3657
This file contains a copy of a publication called "The Distributor" Vol. 3, No. 5, March-April 1951. Published by and for the members of Brewers' Warehousing Company Limited. It contains articles, references and pictures about the operations in Belleville and Corbyville.