CA ON00156 2020-032
- 1999-2013 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
10cm of textual records
Name of creator
The Hastings County Historical Society was founded in 1957 with the mandate to promote, encourage and conduct research into the history of Hastings County, Ontario.
These materials were accumulated by Orland French in his time as President of the Hastings County Historical Society.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated by Orland French on behalf of the Hastings County Historical Society in March 2020.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Files relating to plans to create a community archives service for Belleville and Hastings County and to create a facility in which to hold the archives' collections.
- Agreements between the City of Belleville, Hastings County Historical Society and County of Hastings, 1999-2010
- Proposal for Municipal Archives and proposal to move into new Belleville Public Library building, 2004
- Newspaper clippings and Historical Society publications on archives project, 2004-2008
- Proposal for Records Management Needs Assessment, 2005
- Archives Relocation Committee business plan and concept document, with copies of agreements with City of Belleville and County of Hastings, 2008-2009
- Correspondence and supporting documents for an application to the Ontario Trillium Fund, 2010-2011
- Unlocking the Archives campaign materials (2 files), 2011-2012
- Correspondence about plans to locate the Community Archives within the Belleville Public Library, 2013