- 1949-2001 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
12 volumes of textual records and graphic material.
Name of creator
Carmel Women's Institute had its first meeting on March 17th, 1949 at the home of Mrs. Charles Brintnell. It was disbanded on November 24th, 2001.
Tweedsmuir histories acquired from Joan Reid, Curator of Hastings East Women's Institute March 14, 2011. Minute books acquired from Elsie Whitmore, former secretary of Carmel Women's Institute, November 19, 2015.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Fonds consist of three Tweedsmuir scrapbooks compiled by the Carmel Women's Institute and nine volumes of minute books.
The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, photographs, and reports of local history and the Carmel Women's Institute. Subjects covered within the scrapbooks are World War II, excursions of the group, local businesses and news about the community.
The minute books cover the years 1949-2001 and include accounting information for the Institute. Some have lists of meetings, attendance registers and lists of members.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Entered by Nicholas VanExan, June 23, 2015.