Business and commerce

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Business and commerce

Equivalent terms

Business and commerce

Associated terms

Business and commerce

709 Archival description results for Business and commerce

709 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Thompson Collection

  • CA ON00156 MG 652
  • Collection
  • 1820-1964

The collection contains materials relating to property on lot 26, concession 7 of Thurlow Township, Ontario first owned by John Latta:

  • History of the house compiled for the Plainfield Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History by Maude Harrison in 1976
  • House and farm leases, and quit claims ca. 1898-1912 for Lot 26, Concession 7
  • Agreement and sale of land documents ca. 1872-1932
  • Deeds and policiies ca. 1874-1932
  • Mortgage and accompanying douments ca. 1901
  • Mortgages and agreements survey plan for lot 25
  • Fire insurance policies ca. 1901
  • Discharge of mortgage document ca. 1872
  • Legal documents for Thurlow Township lots ca. 1880-1964
  • Mortgages and deeds from Thurlow Township ca. 1876-1931
  • High Court Justice documents ca. 1872-1886
  • Commissioner of Agriculture loans and receipts and statements ca. 1940's
  • An original deed from June 22, 1820
  • Bound volumes of The Windsor Magazine, June-November 1911 and June-November 1915

Canada Optical Company collection

  • CA ON00156 DA 2015.10
  • Collection
  • 1947-1993

Collection of materials relating to the Canada Optical Company in Deseronto, Ontario, including:

  • Typescript catalogue of glasses frames, 1947
  • Postcard with drawing of outside of plant, c.1950
  • Visitor book with Polaroid photographs of visitors, 1969-1974
  • Photograph album of staff events and activities, c.1975-1990
  • Magazine and newspaper articles about the company, 1980-1993
  • Product information sheets, 1980s
  • Employee benefits book, 1986
  • 14 colour photographs of people and equipment at the plant, 1980s

The materials were collected by Don Simpson, former general manager of the Deseronto plant.

Canada Optical Company

Lazier Paper Mills & Dam

The file contains a number of legal documents dating from 1907 through to 1929 pertaining to land ownership of various parcels of land including: Hastings Paper Mills (Township of Thurlow), Lazier Paper Mills, Belleville Paper Mills, Lazier Dam. Family names included in these documents are: Colon Bruce Burnham, John Bell, Thomas P. Birchall, Samuel J. Bull, Jonas Canniff, James Canniff, William James Craig, William Oliver Luscomb (wife Coralie), Samuel H. Traverton, S.A. Lazier, Robert Elliott Lazier, Alec Robertson, Charles Edward Ford, Albert Ford, Frederick Ford, Walter Ford, Mary Ford, Mary Fenwick, William Moore, Clara Yeomans, Mary Yoemans, Louis C. Yeomans, Alicia Fenton Russell Yeomans , Horace Yeomans.

Economic Development publications for Deseronto, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 DA 2016.03
  • Collection
  • 2001-2012

Materials relating to economic development in Deseronto, including a feature in ‘Great Lakes Cruiser’ magazine, August 2001; Land inventory and promotional materials about the town, 2003; Downtown Revitalization Project handouts, 2007; 2012 Naylor’s Theatre historical fundraising calendar (annotated by Town’s Edge B&B).

Account Statements - W.N. Ponton

Four original account statements for Mr. W.N. Ponton from: 1) R.P. Hamilton, dealer in Carriages, Sleighs, Agricultural Iplements, etc. dated Oct. 30, 1895; 2) H. Fowell, wholesale and retail dealer in Fine Carriages, Harness, All Farm Machinery, Robes, Whips, Blankets, dated Oct 25, 1895; 3) J.W. Walker, dealer in Carriage, Traimmings, Saddlery, Shelf and Heavy Hardware dated Aug 26, 1895; 4) Orr & Duckworth, manufacturers of Light and Heavy Carriages.

Trent Port 1860

Two booklets published by the Hastings County Historical Society reproducing an article taken from the first directory of the County of Hastings, 1860-1861 published by Mackenzie Bowell, the Intelligencer Office, Belleville, Canada West, 1860. In the early part of the Nineteenth Century, the village at the mouth of the Trent River was known as Trent Port.

Results 1 to 20 of 709