Buildings and structures

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Buildings and structures

Equivalent terms

Buildings and structures

Associated terms

Buildings and structures

706 Archival description results for Buildings and structures

706 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Tweed Hydro-Electric Commission, History of

Five newspaper articles clipped from The Tweed News period from Jan 14, 1970 to Feb 11, 1970. Editorial history of Tweed Hydro-Electric Commission written by Cartha Cassidy, Commissioner. "Record of some of the significant happenings relating to the early history of electricity in Tweed and the march of Hydro in the community from 1930 until 1967 - Canada's Centennial Year."

Cartha Cassidy

Watercolours of homes on West Hill, Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2020-004
  • Item
  • 2002

Page with four watercolour paintings of homes, entitled "Grey Ladies - West Hill I Belleville". The four homes are 23 Charlotte Street, 8 Holloway Street, 114 Bridge Street West, 14-20 Murney Street, Belleville, Ontario.

Rector, Anne Elspeth

Prints of Jerry Stapley drawings

  • CA ON00156 2020-006
  • File
  • 1973-1976

Three prints of pen-and-ink drawings of:
1) Roman Catholic Church, Ormsby, 1973
2) Unidentified brick church, 1973
3) Corby Public Library, Belleville, 1976

Stapley, Jerry

Historic Queensborough

  • CA ON00156 2013-66
  • Item
  • c.2012

Booklet with photographs and explanations of historic buildings in Queenborough, Ontario, with photographs by Dave deLang and text by Elaine Kapusta and Katherine Sedgwick.

Belleville Houses by Mrs. G.D. (Lenny Clarke) Williamson

The file contains research done by Mrs. G.D. (Lenny Clarke) Williamson on 6 houses in Foster Ward and 1 on Dundas Street East, Belleville. Notes included are:

  1. Clapboard house on the north east corner of Church and Saint Paul Streets.
  2. The Petrie House
  3. The Wallbridge House
  4. The MacKenzie Feeds Building
  5. The Lynch Coal House
  6. The Brick Store
  7. No. 260 Dundas Street East “The George Bleecker House”
    Also, contained in the file are newspaper clippings from the Ontario Intelligencer:
  8. April 16, 1964 – The George Bleeker House Dundas Street East, opposite Hospital (with photo).
  9. June 18, 1964 – Moodie Cottae Located on Sinclair Street at Bridge Street (with photo).
  10. July 2, 1964 – Welbanks House Located on James Street (with photo).
  11. The Hutton – Ponton House Located on Dundas Steet West (with photo).

Scrapbook - Unknown Owner

The file contains numerous photocopies of new of newspaper clippings taken from a scrapbook circa 1880. Some of the information contained in the file: Obituary for Hammiette Lyon wife of Dr. J.R. Jaques; Program for Art Exhibition of Woman's Christian Association held June 1884; Newspaper clipping dated September 26, 1884 titled "The New Hospital and Home" Belleville; Obituary for Rev. S.D. Rice; Newspaper clipping dated July 30, 1885 titled "Home Again. Belleville's Welcome to the Heroes of Batoche; Newspaper clipping dated January 7, 1886 (with picture) titled "Destroyed by Fire. Bridge Street Methodist Church Consumed"; Programme for Dedication of the Sunday School Rooms of Bridge Street Methodist Church, Sunday, December 12, 1886; Programme of the Opening Services of the new Bridge Street Methodist Church May 1887; Wedding announcement Ella (Nellie) Bancroft Jonesto Mr. W.H. Holden; newspaper clipping about the "Strickland" family (May 1887); obituary Rev. Dr. Nelles (Samuel Sobieski Nelles); Programme for Grand Farewell Concert and Presentation "Organ Committee Bridge St. Methodist Church"; wedding announcement Florence Howard to Lewis Wallbridge; obituary Mrs. Billa Flint (Phoebe Sawyer Clement); obituary Mr. George C. Holton, Mrs. Geo. Meudell, Catherine Elizabeth Staring, Frederic Rous.

Century Place and Bell Telephone collection

  • CA ON00156 2019-066
  • Collection
  • 1976-1977

1) Newspaper clipping about the opening of Century Place in Belleville, Ontario, 26 March 1976
2) Brochure for Century Place, c.1976
3) Instructions for employees starting work in the Century Place building on 29 March 1976
4) Text of a talk on 'Hastings County & the Telephone' by R. W. Carleton, given to the Hastings County Historical Society on 15 February 1977

Post Folder Greetings from Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2012-15
  • Item
  • c.1910

Souvenir folder containing 20 folded images of John Valentine postcards showing scenes in Belleville, Ontario.

Engineer drawing of a bridge at Downings Rapids across River Moira

A original engineer's drawing of a bridge at Downings Rapids across the River Moira. Located east of Madoc and Moira Lake on Rapids Road - Lot # 3, Concession 14, Hungerford Township. Scale 10 feet to an inch.

Donated by the Glanmore National Historic Site in April 2016.

Belleville and Thurlow Water and Sewage Treatment Plans

  • CA ON00156 M/M450-3022 - 3029
  • Series
  • 10 Mar 1945 - 4 Feb 1957
  • Part of Map collection

Five reports and six accompanying plans prepared by Gore & Storrie, consulting engineers of Toronto, relating to improvements to the water and sewerage system in and around the City of Belleville.

City of Belleville

Results 101 to 120 of 706