Buildings and structures

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Buildings and structures

Equivalent terms

Buildings and structures

Associated terms

Buildings and structures

707 Archival description results for Buildings and structures

707 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Negatives of photographs of houses in Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2018-033
  • Fonds
  • 1978

A series of negatives of properties in Belleville, Ontario, taken by members of the Belleville Camera Club on behalf of the Historic Structures Committee of Hastings County Historical Society. Also a file containing a list of the houses in 'Area C' of Belleville (from the east side of Front Street to East Hill) which were to be photographed.

Hastings County Historical Society. Building Research Committee

Research notes on Belleville properties

  • CA ON00156 2021-024
  • Fonds
  • 1977-1990

Research notes and photographs of historic homes in Belleville, Ontario, compiled as part of Elaine Preston's work for the Historic Structures Committee of the Hastings County Historical Society. Includes a file on the Bogart-Carman building (former Cablevue building) at 160 Front Street and files of newspaper clippings relating to historic buildings in Belleville. Includes photographs by Molly Bramley.

Preston, Elaine

Building Research Committee papers and slides

  • CA ON00156 MG 5
  • Fonds
  • 1885-2006

Files relating to the work of the Building Research Committee, including 35mm slides of Belleville, Ontario, buildings, texts of walking tours and files on individual buildings.

Hastings County Historical Society. Building Research Committee

Foot Bridge across Moira River Blueprint

A blueprint planning the suspension footbridge across the Moira River in Belleville, Ontario. Approved by Charles Mott - April 21, 1936. Submitted by Walter H. Patterson of the Patterson Construction Company.

Mott, Charles Allan

Research notes by Lois Foster

  • CA ON00156 2013-13
  • Fonds
  • 1977-2021

Collection includes:
1) File of copies of newspaper articles on Frank Morse Robb and copy of the patent for his electronic wave organ. Also includes research notes on the William Finkle Machine business at 393 Sidney Street in Belleville (Bristol Aircraft Products during the Second World War) and an article from 'Remember When' on the Argue family home at 338 Charles Street.
2) File of research notes on Belleville buildings constructed by City Hall builder John Forin, c.1988-1898
3) Copy of paper by Gerry Boyce on 'Conflict and Cooperation: The Cemeteries of Belleville, Ontario', 2003
4) Copy of article by Peter Meehan 'The East Hastings By-Election of 1936 and the Ontario Separate School Tax Question', published in 'Historical Studies' 68, 2002
5) Electronic files of research notes on buildings in east Belleville
6) Electronic files of research notes on buildings in west Belleville

Foster, Lois

Masonic : King Baldwin Preceptory

File contains a printed booklet ca. 1961 entitled History of King Baldwin Preceptory, No. 6 Belleville, Ontario. Also contains a printed obituary dated August 4, 1928, of Rt. Em. Kt. Richard Henry Spencer, Presiding Preceptor of the Belleville No. 6 King Baldwin Preceptory. Also present is a printed booklet of by laws of the King Baldwin Preceptory ca. 1928, and blueprints of the Preceptory Hall, 1926.

Thomson, John Arnold

Zoning Map of Belleville 1974

A map showing a zoning limits street plan within the City of Belleville. The zones and symbols can be referenced on the legend. The map was published on February 6, 1974.

Slides, photographs and clippings of Belleville buildings

  • CA ON00156 2015-11
  • Fonds
  • 1964-1994

Colour photographic slides with views of Belleville taken in 1964, 1974, 1984 and 1994, with accompanying lists of the slide contents. One scrapbook of clippings of 'Our Architectural Heritage' columns by Lenny Williamson, published in the Ontario Intelligencer newspaper, with accompanying colour photographs taken by the Kellers.

Keller, Joyce Pearl

Ellis Burrell's Stone Packing House

Research notes on the history of the stone building commonly known as 'Meyer's Mill' in Belleville, Ontario, originally part of Ellis Burrell's axe factory.

Intelligencer Time Capsule

The file contains a number of newspaper clippings from the 1930s about local residents and buildings. Also contains a piece of writing titled "The History of Friend Andrews told by Alexander Andrews (1959). The item is dated 20 January 1961 and is a genealogy of the Andrews family.

Results 1 to 20 of 707