- 1991-1994 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 colour photograph
Name of creator
The first two concessions of Thurlow Township were surveyed in 1787 by Louis Kotte, by which time the land adjacent to the Bay of Quinte had already been partly settled by Loyalists. For municipal purposes it was joined with Sidney Township until 1798, when it held its own town meetings. Belleville became a separate town in 1836 and Thurlow's first township council met in 1850. In 1998 the two were reunited and Thurlow Ward became part of the enlarged City of Belleville.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Items retrieved in 2005 by Gerry Boyce from Thurlow Township materials destined to be shredded.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Two files retrieved by Gerry Boyce from Thurlow Township materials destined for shredding in 2005:
- File on Ault Foods' acquisition of Black Diamond Cheese, including a photograph of the factory and Labatt's annual report for 1991
- 31 page proposal to restore 2.5 miles of railway line between College Street West in Belleville and the Corby Distillery in Corbyville, 1994