File 2020-020 - Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School publications

Identity area

Reference code

CA ON00156 2020-020

Title

Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School publications

Date(s)

  • 1956-1960 (Creation)

Level of description

File

Extent and medium

1 cm of textual records

Context area

Name of creator

(1928-2004)

Administrative history

The cornerstone of Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School on Church Street in Belleville, Ontario, was laid on 5 October 1927. The school officially opened on 12 December 1928. The school closed its doors to students in 1992 and stood empty for twelve years. It was eventually demolished in 2004.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Donated by Lisa Hicks (found among the possessions of her mother, Lois (Kelly) Hicks) in February 2020.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Publications of Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School:

  1. Kampus Kapers program, 1956
  2. Kampus Kapers program, 1958
  3. Kampus Kapers program, 1959
  4. Kampus Kapers program, 1960
  5. Home and School Bulletin, 25 February 1958
  6. Official opening of Education Week program, 2 March 1958
  7. Program for production of The Mikado, c.1958

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area