CA ON00156 2016-09
- 1978-1997 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2 commemorative coins
Name of creator
The Town of Belleville, Ontario was incorporated effective January 1, 1850 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849. The town became a City in 1878. In 1998 it amalgamated with the surrounding Township of Thurlow.
Possibly donated by Gerry Boyce.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
1) Belleville Centennial wooden nickel, 1978
2) Belleville Centennial silver dollar, 1978
3) CD of 'The Friendly city, the Belleville Song'
4) Postcard of RCAF Trenton [1980s?]
5) Printed book, 'Nortel Belleville 50th Anniversary June 19, 1997'