Bancroft Public Library

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Bancroft Public Library

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1901-1909, 1918-

History

The first library was located at W.N. Simmons' Tailor Shop, later at Athens High School. In 1918, the Women's Institute made a library their first peacetime project. Beginning as a small travelling library, it later was established in the basement room of the Community Hall, built originally as a jail, until it moved in 1960 to 14 Flint Avenue. (Reynolds, Nila. Bancroft: A Bonanza of Memories. Bancroft, Bancroft Centennial Committee, 1979, pp. 161-165)

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC