- 1980-2000 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Argyll Chapter of the Imperial Order of Daughters of Empire was established in Belleville on 10 November 1910. Membership was open to the wives, mothers, sisters and daughters of active members of the Argyll Light Infantry regiment, with the Commanding Officer's wife (if there was one) taking the position of Regent. The organization raised funds for local service personnel and charities. It was disbanded in 2001.
Materials collected by Stella Milroy (1928-2011), a member of the Argyll Chapter IODE.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Materials donated by Brian Milroy and Elizabeth Mitchell in June 2013.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
1) Typewritten history of the Argyll Chapter, IODE, printed in 1980 for the organization's 70th anniversary
2) Menu and program for 90th anniversary dinner held on 10 November 2000
3) Undated newspaper clipping on plans for a military ball on 19 November
4) Printed history of the Argyll Chapter, updating the 1980 edition to mark the closure of the group in 2000