Mostrar 397 resultados

Registo de autoridade
Pessoa coletiva

Sidney Cheese and Butter Factory Association

  • Pessoa coletiva

The Sidney Cheese and Butter Factory Manufacturing Association was founded in 1893 by John R. Brower, Wellington Crouter, Lemuel Hogle, W.R. Vandervoort, Samuel Traverton, Peter Goldsmith, Fred A. Spafford. The factory was located in Sidney Township, County of Hastings, on Lot 22, in the 3rd Concession. The Association operated until it ceased operations in 1951 to pay creditors. President's of the association included: John Brower (1893-1898), A. V. Hogle (1899-1900), J.M. Farley (1900- ), U.A. Thrasher (1930-1932), Arthur Bunnet (1932-1933, 1935), J.W. Bailey (1934), Carmen Grills (1937-1941), Stanley Spafford (1942-1944), Ernest Kells (1945-1948), and Everett Hubbard (1948-1951).

Quinte Women's Institute

  • Pessoa coletiva

Quinte Women's Institute was organized on August 7, 1907 at Cleize schoolhouse on Highway 2 east of Pt. Anne Lane. Meetings were held on the second Tuesday of each month in the home of one of its members. The institute was disbanded in 1994.

Prince Edward Belleville Ladies Club

  • Pessoa coletiva

The Prince Edward Belleville Ladies Club was founded in 1943 and was originally called the Sunshine Group. The Club began for women living in Prince Edward County, later expanding its boundaries to include the Belleville area. The Prince Edward Belleville Ladies Club raised money for community projects, made charitable donations to organizations, attended guest speaches, and researched local history. The Club was active for 56 years, officially closing in 1999.

Paudash Women's Institute

  • Pessoa coletiva

The Paudash Women's Institute was in the North Hastings W.I. district in Ontario. It was formed in 1947 and disbanded in 1978.

Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1928-2004

The cornerstone of Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School on Church Street in Belleville, Ontario, was laid on 5 October 1927. The school officially opened on 12 December 1928. The school closed its doors to students in 1992 and stood empty for twelve years. It was eventually demolished in 2004.

Quinte Cultural Centre

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1997-2003

The Quinte Cultural Centre at Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School (BCIVS) was a non-profit corporation composed of concerned citizens in Belleville, Ontario and vicinity whose primary objective was to develop a cultural and information centre in the vacant BCIVS. Registered as a charitable organization in October 1997, it was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in October 1998. BCIVS 2000, also registered as a charitable organization and a not-for-profit corporation registered in Ontario, was the steering committee for the development of the Quinte Cultural Centre.

Moira-Schuster Ltd.

  • Pessoa coletiva

There was a coal dock at the end of Front Street in Belleville, Ontario, from 1850, when it was owned by the Rathbun Lumber and Coal Company. In 1905 the company moved to Deseronto and the coal portion was purchased by William E. Schuster and Walter Belair. Belair bought out his partner in 1930 and sold the firm to Canadian Fuels Ltd. in 1934. In 1954 the Schuster Company purchased Moira Fuels Ltd. from A. McLean Haig and the company was named Moira-Schuster Ltd. They stopped selling coal in 1969 and the coal dock on Front Street was sold in 1973. A ten-storey apartment block was built on the site.

Rawdon - Springbrook Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • Pessoa coletiva

Rawdon - Springbrook Pastoral Charge was formed ca. 1968 when Rawdon Pastoral Charge and Springbrook Pastoral Charge amalgamated; it included Rawdon, Springbrook, Mount Pleasant, and Bethel

Resultados 381 a 397 de 397