Mostrar 1492 resultados

Registo de autoridade

A Cappella Quinte

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1973-

A Cappella Quinte formed in Trenton, Ontario in 1973 as a regional chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society. The group was originally known as The Trentones, changing its name to A Cappella Quinte in 2011.

Gainsboro Studio

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 1922-1929

The Gainsboro Studio was a photography business active in Toronto between 1922 and 1929.

Life Portrayal Series

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 1941

Life Portrayal Series was a publishing firm based at 120 Wellington Street West in Toronto, Ontario.

Argyll Chapter IODE

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1910-2001

The Argyll Chapter of the Imperial Order of Daughters of Empire was established in Belleville on 10 November 1910. Membership was open to the wives, mothers, sisters and daughters of active members of the Argyll Light Infantry regiment, with the Commanding Officer's wife (if there was one) taking the position of Regent. The organization raised funds for local service personnel and charities. It was disbanded in 2001.

Griffin Opera House

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1884-1933

The opera house at the southwest corner of Church and Bridge Street East opened in 1884 and operated under various names (the Belleville Opera House, Queen's Opera House, Carman Opera House, and finally the Griffin Opera House or Griffin Theatre). It was demolished in 1933.

Vision & Voice

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 2011-2018

Vision & Voice is a video production company based in Belleville, Ontario, and run by Gerry Fraiberg. Website: http://visionandvoice.ca/about

Melrose Women's Institute

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1902-2012

Melrose Women's Institute was organized in 1902 in Melrose, Hastings County, Ontario. It was disbanded in 2012.

Canada. Department of Energy, Mines and Resources

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1907-1993

The Department of Mines of Canada was created in 1907.
Later, in 1936, it was reorganized as the Department of Mines and Resources.
In 1966, the department took on the role of energy development to become the Department of Energy, Mines and Resources.
In 1993, it merged with the Department of Forestry to become the Department of Natural Resources.

Ontario. Department of Highways

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1916-1971

In 1916, the Department of Public Highways of Ontario was formed and took on the responsibility of establishing provincial highways.
On April 1, 1937, the Department of Northern Development was created and merged with the Department of Highways of Ontario.
In 1971, the Department of Highways assumed the responsibility for Communications, which prompted it to be renamed as the Ministry of Transportation and Communications in 1972.
It later became the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario in 1987.

Belleville Transit Commission

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1 May 1960 -

The first public transit appeared on May 23, 1876 with 16 horses and drivers operating from 6:00am to 10:00pm.
Throughout the years, the service disappeared, appeared again and upgraded thanks to many different franchisees.
By 1924, Fred Rawson Sr. had started a one-bus transit system. When he died in 1935, his wife and son drove the buses.
After the second World War, revenues dropped and the family sold to the City of Belleville.
The Belleville Transit Commission was appointed by the Belleville City Council to form and maintain bus transportation under the "City of Belleville Act, 1960." During its first years, routes and equipment were heavily studied to form the foundation of the transit system that still runs today.

Deseronto Archives

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1997-2016

Deseronto Archives was established in 1997 with a mandate to collect materials relating to the history of the Town of Deseronto and its people. In September 2016 the collections of the Deseronto Archives were transferred to the Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County.

Barnett & Rieder

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 1962
Resultados 21 a 40 de 1492