- fl. 1910
Affichage de 1497 résultatsNotice d'autorité
The Fink family lived in Belleville, Ontario.
- fl. 1890-1938
- fl. 1800s-
William Bleecker Esq was born May 10, 1823 in Ireland and died August 29, 1910. Janet Bleecker (nee Siericks), was born December 13, 1827 in Scotland and died November 30, 1884 in Hastings County. William and Janet were married c. 1846 and had several children: Henry, Tobias, Mary, Herman, Frederick, Lewis, Donald and Ellen.
Sarah Jane Bleecker (nee Stewart), was born November 30, 1856 and died February 25, 1931. William and Sarah married on June 6, 1887, after the death of his first wife, Janet, due to heart failure. Sarah and William had William Bleecker (c. 1889-?) and Benjamin Seymour Bleecker (Sep. 30, 1891 - Dec. 7, 1968).
Benjamin married Laura Evelyn Cummings on October 6, 1914. Laura was born October 7, 1891 and died on December 3, 1984. Benjamin and Laura had three children: Evelyn Christine, Bessie Margaret, and Donald Roscoe.
- fl. 1937
Phyllis and George Neal lived in Mountain View, Prince Edward County. George died of a heart attack while serving in the Second World War.
The Gee family settled in Belleville, Ontario, in the 1940s and started a gold leaf manufacturing business from their home at 14 Bettes Street.
Jesse Barlow married Rachel Parfoot in Brooke, Norfolk, England on 30 October 1792. They had at least eight children: John (born 1793), William, Elizabeth, Susannah, Robert, Hannah, Isaac and George (born 16 April 1814). George moved to Canada before 1839 and farmed 35 acres of land forming part of lot 7 in the first concession of Thurlow Township. He married a woman called Mary Ann and in the 1871 census they had nine children living with them. George died on 2 April 1894 and was buried in the Belleville cemetery. His wife died in 1920.
James Montgomery Hall was born in St. Peter Port in the Channel Island of Guernsey in 1851, the son of Stewart Hall and Margaret (née Johnson). Stewart was a tailor and James and his brother John followed his career. In 1881 James and John were residing at a hotel in Trenton, Hastings County, Ontario. In June of that year, James married Emma Johnson (1857-1937) of Trenton in Brighton, Ontario. By 1891 the couple were living in Deseronto, Ontario, with their two daughters, Evelyn 'Tottie' (b. 1882) and Flossie (b. 1887). James was continuing to work as a tailor. The Halls had a third child, Gordon, in 1894. They lived at 426 Thomas Street.
James died on August 4, 1919. His daughter Flossie became a school teacher and married Thomas Chalmers in Deseronto in 1926. The couple had one daughter, Frances.
- fl. 1900-2020
Melrose Women's Institute was organized in 1902 in Melrose, Hastings County, Ontario. It was disbanded in 2012.
- fl. 1918
The Department of Mines of Canada was created in 1907.
Later, in 1936, it was reorganized as the Department of Mines and Resources.
In 1966, the department took on the role of energy development to become the Department of Energy, Mines and Resources.
In 1993, it merged with the Department of Forestry to become the Department of Natural Resources.
In 1916, the Department of Public Highways of Ontario was formed and took on the responsibility of establishing provincial highways.
On April 1, 1937, the Department of Northern Development was created and merged with the Department of Highways of Ontario.
In 1971, the Department of Highways assumed the responsibility for Communications, which prompted it to be renamed as the Ministry of Transportation and Communications in 1972.
It later became the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario in 1987.
- fl. 1950
- 1 May 1960 -
The first public transit appeared on May 23, 1876 with 16 horses and drivers operating from 6:00am to 10:00pm.
Throughout the years, the service disappeared, appeared again and upgraded thanks to many different franchisees.
By 1924, Fred Rawson Sr. had started a one-bus transit system. When he died in 1935, his wife and son drove the buses.
After the second World War, revenues dropped and the family sold to the City of Belleville.
The Belleville Transit Commission was appointed by the Belleville City Council to form and maintain bus transportation under the "City of Belleville Act, 1960." During its first years, routes and equipment were heavily studied to form the foundation of the transit system that still runs today.
- c. 1868-1893