Showing 1370 results

People and Organizations

Township of Limerick

  • Corporate body
  • 1887-

Limerick Township was designated as part of Hastings County in Ontario in 1858. It was part of a united municipality with Tudor and Wollaston Townships in 1863, joined by Cashel Township in December 1869. Wollaston became a separate township in 1880 and Limerick became an independent township from 1887.

Township of Rawdon

  • Corporate body
  • 1858-1997

The Township of Rawdon in Hastings County, Ontario, was incorporated in 1850. The village of Stirling was separated from the township in 1858 to become its own municipality. In 1998 the two amalgamated again to form the Township of Stirling-Rawdon.

Township of Stirling-Rawdon

  • Corporate body
  • 1998-

The Township of Stirling-Rawdon was formed in 1998 as an amalgamation of the municipal administrations of the Village of Stirling and the Township of Rawdon in Hastings County, Ontario.

Township of Thurlow

  • Corporate body
  • 1850-1998

The first two concessions of Thurlow Township were surveyed in 1787 by Louis Kotte, by which time the land adjacent to the Bay of Quinte had already been partly settled by Loyalists. For municipal purposes it was joined with Sidney Township until 1798, when it held its own town meetings. Belleville became a separate town in 1836 and Thurlow's first township council met in 1850. In 1998 the two were reunited and Thurlow Ward became part of the enlarged City of Belleville.

Township of Tyendinaga

  • Corporate body
  • 1820-

Tyendinaga Township, Ontario, was formed through the alienation of land originally granted to the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte in 1784 (confirmed by the Simcoe deed of 1793: https://docs.neb-one.gc.ca/ll-eng/llisapi.dll/fetch/2000/90464/90552/92263/790736/890819/956564/956846/995761/C24-4-6_-_Simcoe_Deed_A3K1G9.pdf?nodeid=994999&vernum=-2). The first four concessions of the township were surveyed in 1820 and the rear concessions in the 1840s. The settlement of Deseronto was separated from the Township in 1871 when it became a village.

Township of Wollaston

  • Corporate body
  • 1880-

Wollaston Township became part of Hastings County in 1858. It had previously been combined with Tudor, Cashel and Limerick, but became a separate municipality in 1880. In 2019 it had a population of around 700 people.

Tremaine, George R.

  • Person
  • b. 1806 - d. 6 Apr 1882

George composed large wall maps of counties in southern Ontario from the 1850s and 1860s. The maps identify names of proprietors of the land.

Trenton (Ont.)

  • Corporate body

The Village of Trenton, Ontario, was incorporated through a Proclamation effective January 1, 1853 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849.

Tuinman, Alida

  • Person
  • fl. 1956-1974

Alida Tuinman was a high school student in Madoc in 1974.

Tumak, Edgar

  • Person
  • fl. 2007-2015

Edgar Tumak is an architectural historian and former resident of Deseronto, Ontario. He served as a Councillor for the Town from 2006 to 2014.

Tupper, Charles Andrew

  • Person
  • 1914-1990

Charles Andrew Tupper was born in Owen Sound, Ontario, in 1914. He lived in Foxboro, Hastings County and worked for Canadian National Railways, writing poems in his spare time. He died on December 20th, 1990 and was buried in the Black River Bridge Memorial Cemetery, South Marysburgh, Prince Edward County.

Results 1241 to 1260 of 1370