The Sidney Cheese and Butter Factory Manufacturing Association was founded in 1893 by John R. Brower, Wellington Crouter, Lemuel Hogle, W.R. Vandervoort, Samuel Traverton, Peter Goldsmith, Fred A. Spafford. The factory was located in Sidney Township, County of Hastings, on Lot 22, in the 3rd Concession. The Association operated until it ceased operations in 1951 to pay creditors. President's of the association included: John Brower (1893-1898), A. V. Hogle (1899-1900), J.M. Farley (1900- ), U.A. Thrasher (1930-1932), Arthur Bunnet (1932-1933, 1935), J.W. Bailey (1934), Carmen Grills (1937-1941), Stanley Spafford (1942-1944), Ernest Kells (1945-1948), and Everett Hubbard (1948-1951).