Mostrar 387 resultados

Registo de autoridade
Pessoa coletiva

City of Belleville

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1877-

The Town of Belleville, Ontario was incorporated effective January 1, 1850 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849. The town became a City on 31 December 1877 after "An Act for the Incorporation of the Town of Belleville as a City, and for the Consolidation of the debt thereof" was passed in March 1877 by the Government of Ontario. In 1998 it amalgamated with the surrounding Township of Thurlow.

Soroptimist Club of Belleville

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 1947-c.1966

The Soroptimist Club of Belleville was formed in May 1947, becoming the 289th club in the Soroptimist International Association and the first women’s service organization in Belleville, Ontario. The Peterborough Soroptimist Club sponsored the formation of the Belleville chapter. Mrs. Georgia Smith was elected the first charter president of the Soroptimist Club of Belleville with Dr. Lily B. Mathieson as 1st Vice President, Mrs. Agnes Caton as 2nd Vice President, Miss Mary Lloyd as Secretary, Mrs. Inda A. Drew as Treasurer, and Miss Laura M. Johnston, Mrs. Mary L. Quinn, Miss Helen Keeler, and Miss Leona Riggs as Directors. The first Charter members were Miss Lillian Courneyea, Miss Lola Fluke, Miss Rachel Fox, Mrs. Francis Bennett, Miss Majorie Gothard, Mrs. Minnie Kerr, Mrs. Barbara McCaw, Miss Gladys H. MacDonald, Mrs. Mathilda Mazer, Mrs. Amy Rawson, and Mrs. Edna Wrightmeyer.

The Soroptimist Club of Belleville funded various endeavors throughout Belleville, Ontario. In 1992, Leona Hendry, Chief Librarian of the Belleville Public Library, reported that the Belleville Soroptimist Club donated $500 in 1950 to begin a record collection. In 1953, the Club sponsored a Tweed Ladies Coronation Tea and Fashion Show, held at Georgia Smith’s residence. In 1957-1958, the Belleville chapter established a $25 prize for the highest standing in the Grade XI Commercial Course for students of the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School. In May 1960, the 28th conference of the Eastern Canada Region of the Soroptimist Federation of the Americas was held in Belleville, with President Georgia Smith serving as chairman of the banquet. The Soroptimist Club of Belleville presumably concluded by the 1970s.

The Soroptimist International Association (SIA) was a volunteer service organization founded in the 1920s to serve as a classified service club for professional and executive business women of American, British and European Federations. In a SIA leaflet from the 1940s, the word Soroptimist derives from the word soror (sister) and optima (best), meaning “The Best for Women.” The leaflet states that the ideals of the Soroptimist Clubs are “the sincerity of friendship, the joy of achievement, the dignity of service, the integrity of professions, [and] the love of country.”

Trenton News

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 1960

Via Rail Canada

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1977-

Zurich Canada

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1923-

Wave 104.1 FM

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 1986

Glassexport

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1950s-1970s

State glass exporter for Czechoslovakia.

The Radio Four

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • fl. 1924

The Radio Four was a male quartet with members Dr. Allan Boyd Haffner, Arnold Thompson, Harry Moorman and Al Stillman, with accompanist Leo Riggs.

City of Belleville. Recreation, Culture, and Community Services department

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1949-

The Belleville Recreation Committee was established in 1949 with oversight of two playgrounds. By 1953 the committee had charge of eleven playgrounds and a number of recreation programs. It became Recreation and Arena Committee in 1966, and later the Parks and Recreation Department and then the Recreation, Culture and Community Services Department.

Presbyterian Church of the Redeemer (Deseronto)

  • Pessoa coletiva
  • 1876-

The first Presbyterian minister, Reverend Robert John Craig, was appointed in Mill Point (later Deseronto) in 1876. Construction began on a dedicated church building on George Street in Deseronto in 1881.

Resultados 1 a 20 de 387